The chicken pot pie soup is creamy rich textured and delicious. This is the favorite soup for dinner that you should make for your family. This is the dish that has all flavors from chicken pot pie but the form in the delicious creamy textured soup. Also, there are extra flaky biscuits added.
What is the chicken pot pie soup?
A chicken pot soup is a perfect way to make your dinner portion. The recipe is a delicious creamy pasta cook that you can make in 30 minutes or less. It is easy and everyone loves it. It is a perfect combination of spicy sauce melted in your mouth. This is also an easy recipe to enjoy pot pie without fussing of pie crust. The chicken and vegetables ingredients are cooked in slow-cooked in the crockpot until it gets tender and thickening cream adds sprinkled with pie crust cracker ( in this recipe, I use the flaky biscuit crackers).
Tips to make delicious chicken pot pie soup
- Use shredded rotisserie chicken to make cooking easy. You also can use leftover turkey meat.
- Instead, use heavy cream, use milk to create the lighter soup. It is still creamy at all.
- Load a lot of vegetables to the soup pot. You can add potato, carrots, celery, and others that you desired.
- If you use dried thyme, only use half-dried thyme because of it stronger than the fresh one.
- For the crust pie: if you are the person that love to meal prep pro, then you can bake the pie crust a few days ahead. Crumble the pie and store it so it will save time when preparing the recipe in next day.
How to make the recipe?
This slow chicken pot pie recipe is easy to make. The chicken cooked in slow-cooked method along with the chicken stock, garlic, and onions in the crockpot until it tender. The fresh carrots and beans added with light cream in the finishing step. Serve immediately and add a sprinkle of fresh herbs and crust of biscuits or pie crust.
Chicken pot pie soup recipe
- 1 ¼ pound boneless and skinless chicken breast. cut into chunks size
- 1 large diced onion
- 5 tablespoon butter
- 3 celery ribs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon seasonings
- 5 tablespoon flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 bay leave
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 1 ½ teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Put 1 tablespoon of butter to a large stockpot or Dutch oven and set the heat on medium-high heat. Season the chicken breast with pepper, salt and taste it before adding chicken to stockpot. Cook the chicken till it turned into golden around 3-4 minutes, and set aside.
- Reduce the heat stove into medium and melt other remaining butter to the pot. Add the diced onions, celery and carrots. Cook and stir well occasionally while cooking until it gets tender. Stir garlic and the poultry seasoning around 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour for 1 minute until the color lightly browned.
- Stir wine, and scarp the browned bits in the bottom of the stockpot.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaves. Wait for the stock into a boil and simmer for 10-20 minutes after reducing the heat.
- Add green beans, chicken, and heavy cream to the stockpot. Simmer next until the green beans tender and the cream mixture is thickening.
- Add parsley and vinegar and season with grounded black pepper and salt. Taste it and wait until it cooks well done.
- If desired, serve with the flaky biscuit.
- You can keep this soup into refrigerator and heat again for the next 2 or 3 days or freeze it for up to 2 weeks. Reheat in the saucepan if you want to eat it with enough heat without let the soup simmer.
- The soup comes with extra creamy without extra fat loaded.
- You can go with the slow cooker recipe that can finish in hours or you can choose the super easy and fast soup recipe.
- The secret key from the recipe is the delicious cream stock, not broth.
The soup comes with a lot of flavor and thick so you can feel the creamy soup without extra fat. Serve your soup with pie crackers that you can make homemade easily. Fill your table with this chicken pot pie soup and everyone will love to eat this soup.