Chicken alfredo pasta is a good dish idea for dinner. With delicious sauce and good nutrition from the chicken, you can get a perfect combination between chicken and soft pasta. With no more ado, here are the ingredients and instructions.
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 tbsp European style unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, grated
- Parsley leaves, chopped (for serving)
- The first step in this chicken alfredo pasta recipe is cooking the pasta and drain it. Set it aside. Do not throw the reserved water, as you may need it later.
- Second, do the chicken. Dry and season it with pepper and salt. Pat both sides of the chicken and dry it with paper towels.
- Third, heat olive oil at medium high heat. Simmer it for 2 up to 3 minutes. Do not use a non-stick pan, and it is suggested to use straight sides pan if you have any.
- When the pan gets hot, swirl it to make sure that the oil is distributed all over the surface. Then add the chicken and cook it for about 5 up to 7 minutes. Make sure that the bottom turns golden brown. The clue for the chicken to be ready for flipping is when it does not feel stuck.
- When the chicken is already flipped over, add 1 tbsp of butter. To distribute the melted butter evenly, swirl the pan and cook it for 5 up to 7minutesmore.
- After it is done, take the chicken off and slice it. Cover it with aluminum foil to keep it warm.
- Next, melt the butter and add the garlic, sauté them until they are fragrant (around 1 minute).
- Now, let’s make the alfredo sauce. Take a bowl and whisk the cream, nutmeg, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Simmer them for about 4 minutes. If the sauce gets too thick, you can add the reserved water used for cooking the pasta.
- Then, add the drained pasta and coat it in the sauce. Divide the pasta in several serving bowls and top it with the sliced chicken. Use parsley and some Parmesan for the garnish.
For ahead preparation of this chicken alfredo pasta, the chicken can be cooked a day before. Just add it to the sauce along with the cream and make sure it is warm all over the part. However, this cooking will taste best when served immediately.
If there are leftovers, you can keep it in a container for 3 days maximum. Separate the sauce. Reheat it again in the microwave or on the stovetop before eating it. As this recipe uses alfredo, you can try it with other ingredients. It is good to coat broccoli as well. It will taste best to be eaten right away, just like this chicken alfredo pasta.