Pasta becomes nice menu and chicken pasta recipes are good idea to try. This Italian dish can always bring good taste and it can be good dish for dinner with your family or special persons in your circles. It is combined with chicken, so there is good protein source, and it surely adds the taste. There is nothing to worry about the ingredients and cooking steps. You will get the complete information below, so it is as easy as reading instructions.
- 250 grams penne
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 3 skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into strips as the size of your little finger
- Salt and pepper
For the sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 50 gram butter
- 100 gram parmesan cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 50 gram plain flour
- 750 ml hot milk
- Prepare your oven and set the heat to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Cook your penne in boiling water. Do not forget to add the onion. Add also salt for seasoning.
- Drain the penne and use cold water to stop the cooking process. Then, leave it and let it drained.
- Get a sealed bag. Add the chicken strips, pepper, salt, and paprika. Seal the bag and shake it in order to coat and season the strips.
- Prepare a frying pan and preheat the oil. Use it to fry the strips by using high temperature. Then, set aside the chicken strips after they are fried.
- In order to get the sauce, prepare a saucepan. Melt the butter and whisk it together with flour to get roux. Cook it for around 1 minute and pour the hot milk gradually into the saucepan. Whisk them together until the mixture gets thickened. Let it boil for around 4 minutes.
- Add also the half part of cheese, mustard, and some seasoning. Stir them together.
- Add the penne to the sauce and stir them together. After that, move the sauced pasta to the ovenproof dish. Add also the remaining cheese for the topping. Bake them for around 20 minutes.
- Take it from the oven and get ready to serve the pasta.
The chicken pasta recipes already show you all things that you need to prepare. All ingredients for the penne and sauce are already mentioned with complete measure. However, the salt and pepper has no specific measure since it depends on your preferences and everyone may have different taste for the seasoning.
The chicken pasta recipes use penne as the pasta. In case you do not like penne or you have no penne at home, you can easily replace it. Fusilli and other shapes of pasta can be chosen and the cooking processes are still similar to what is mentioned above. In term of preparation, it is fine to prepare the pasta ahead and keep it into refrigerator.
In serving the chicken pasta, it can be combined with other topping. In the recipe, it only has tomatoes and cheese as the topping. Regarding the chicken pasta recipes, even you can replace chicken if you want to have bacon or other protein sources in the dish.