Traditional Irish Scones! Have you ever eaten this food before? Do you know? Scones are one of the healthy food that can accompany your days which these foods are made from bread, barley or oatmeal, and baking powder. Scones are baked until they are cooked and this food is very delicious when it served. Traditional irish scones can also be served after you eat a sandwich. You can enjoy it with spread jam such as strawberry, butter or other fruit jam. Of course, this food is very tasty and healthy for your body.
The thing that I like the most about traditional Irish scones and maybe you will like it too is that you can eat this food as breakfast and brunch. You also don’t need to be confused to add jam or margarine in this food because you can add all of those whatever you like.
What I love most about this recipe are;
- The taste of this traditional Irish scones has a slightly sweet taste but the texture is so soft.
- You can add a variety of flavors with a variety of jams and flavored butter.
- This scone has a soft and brittle texture. If you bite every scone, you will feel that this scone has a very good texture.
- Time to make this scone is not a too long time. You only need 40-45 minutes to make this food.
- This food is suitable to accompany your breakfast and brunch. Of course, this food has high nutrition and has no side effects for your body.
How to Make Traditional Irish Scones Easily
To make traditional Irish scones is very easy. You just need to prepare the ingredients needed to make this food. The ingredients needed are also very easy. You can buy these ingredients in the supermarket near to you. In this version, I will share tips and an easy recipe for making traditional Irish scones. For making this food, you just need 1 hour and 15 minutes to finish your food. You don’t need to be confused to make it again because from now you can make it by yourself in your home. Let’s try it!
Traditional Irish Scones
Traditional Irish Scones! Have you ever eaten this food before? Do you know? Scones are one of the healthy food that can accompany your days which these foods are made from bread, barley or oatmeal, and baking powder.
- 381 g of flour (You can use multipurpose flour to make softer scones)
- 66 g of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 170 grams of unsalted butter (cold and cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup of buttermilk or milk (if you don't have buttermilk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Coarse sugar (for sprinkling (if desired))
First, to make traditional Irish scones, you must prepare the oven and set the oven to 400 °F. After that, prepare 2 large-sized baking sheets and cover the baking sheet using baking paper. If you don't have baking paper, you can use flour to sprinkle the pan.
After that, prepare a large bowl and mix ingredients such as flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
After all, ingredients are mixed, add butter and cut the butter into small. In a separate bowl shake the butter with buttermilk, 1 egg, and vanilla extract.
Mix the ingredients to mix perfectly. You can also add dried fruit, nuts, chocolate and other flavorings based on your interest.
After that, move the mixture to the flour and divide it into 2 equal parts. Make the mixture with a diameter of 6-7 cm each. Cut each into 8 slices and place it on a prepared pan.
At this part, you can wrap scones for 1 night before you bake them.
For the roasting process, mix 1 egg with 1 spoonful of water into a small bowl.
Then, apply it to the scone and sprinkle the coarse sugar.
Bake scones for 13-15 minutes or the color is brown.
After you finish baking, you can add fruit jam, butter, peanuts, or other ingredients that you like.
You can serve scones with warm tea or warm milk.
Tips for Making Perfect Scones
- Buttermilk: to make scones, avoid using thinner milk. Because it will make the scones even and not scented. If you are confused, you can use coconut milk cans for maximum results.
- Butter: To make scones, use frozen grated butter.
- Roasting: For the roasting process, chill the mixture before baking. It will avoid uneven distribution. It will be better if you put the scones in the refrigerator for 25-35 minutes to make the mixture more perfect.
- Before baking, make the scone cool. To make it cool, you can warm in the microwave for 40 seconds.
- Carbs: 21 g
- Dietary Fibers: 1 g
- Sugars: 5 g
- Fats: 3 g
- Saturateds: 2 g
- Polyunsaturateds: 0 g
- Monounsaturateds: 0 g
- Transs: 1 g
- Proteins: 6 g
- Sodiums: 137 mg
- Cholesterols: 7 mg
- Vitamin As: 0 %
- Vitamin Cs: 0 %
- Calcium: 5 %
- Irons: 6 %
Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories.
How? Is it easy to make this food? Now you don’t need to be confused to make traditional Irish scones because the recipe above is really easy and you can make it in your home. Good luck!