What would you do if you have chocolate banana bread? Grab and enjoy it by yourself because you know when you share it, you may just have one bite. Well, one bite is not enough. Now, you can secretly make your own bread by following these steps. Let’s take a look at the recipe. First, prepare the ingredients below.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup high quality cocoa powder
- 1 full tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (pure vanilla extract is recommended)
- 1 cup brown sugar powder
- ¼ cup olive or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- ¼ cup plain butter, melted
- 2 large ripe nearly brown bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a bowl, sift the flour and cocoa powder. Mix them with salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas until no large pieces are seen.
- Add melted butter, oil, vanilla extract and eggs. Stir or combine them with mixer until mixed well.
- Add brown sugar powder, and whisk. Now, add the flour mixture and gently mix them with spatula for less than 3 minutes. Don’t over mix.
- Throw in the almond and chocolate chips and stir well.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Rub margarine into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and put aside. Move the dough into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with some almond and chocolate chip on top of it.
- Bake for 55 until 60 minutes
- Start checking the dough when the timer hits 50 minute. Check it by sticking a toothpick into the dough and when you lift it, you see the toothpick is clean. That is a sign that your bread is fully baked.
- Take out the bread from oven, and let it cool in the loaf pan for 10 until 15 minutes.
- To remove the bread from loaf pan, use a knife and run it carefully around the bread
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, and then cut it into medium slices.
- Finally, you can serve it. Just enjoy chocolate banana bread with friends, family, or by yourself.
The calories might be more than 350 depending on how much chocolate chip and almond in the dough. The bread will stay fresh in a room temperature up to 3 days. You can also freeze the bread for up to a month wrapped in tin foil. Just microwave it and serve with butter. What makes it different with chocolate banana cake? Well, chocolate banana bread uses all-purpose flour and baking powder, while the cake uses soft wheat flour and yeast.
Moreover, if you serve it with your friends for party, the crisps go well with it, plus soda and coke. For breakfast, a cup of coffee will be an exquisite company. Well, after you try this recipe, once you taste the softness of the bread, and the crunchy almond with chocolate chips, you won’t stop eating chocolate banana bread.