You have heard about chocolate mug cake, haven’t you? The simple and super quick steps plus less equipment to clean make you want to make this dessert anytime. Although it is quick, the result will not disappoint you. This meal is perfect for any situation, and it is the right choice if you need to be hurry. Getting interested? Let’s get started.
- 2 ½ tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoon full cream milk
- 3 ½ tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- A pinch of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon almond, crushed
- In a medium-sized mug, mix cocoa powder, flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, and granulated sugar.
- Pour the coconut oil and milk. Then mix them well until combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon crushed almond and stir well. Strew the remained crushed almond on top of it.
- Cook in the microwave with high heat for 1 until 2 minutes. Take out and let it cool for 2 minutes.
- You can sprinkle the top with mini marshmallow or chocolate chips
This recipe is for single serving. Although chocolate mug cake is small, the calories reach 500. Therefore, consuming it too often is not good for health and it may cause obesity. Moreover, it is very different to chocolate cake because the chocolate cake contains eggs, butter, salt, and water. Also, the cake is baked in the oven and use mixer to combine the ingredients. However, both of them have similar moist and soft texture.
Now, it is the time for some tips to make a better mug cake. First, the cocoa powder must have high quality as it is the main ingredient. Second, if you have extra time, you can sift the flour first. If you want to have lava cake, you just need to bake the dough in the oven in 200 degrees Celsius for 9 minutes. Do not forget to change the mug with mini round loaf pan. Yes, it might not be a mug cake, but you have chocolate lava cake.
Here is another way of making a chocolate mug cake. You can buy 2 sachets of chocolate drink powder to replace the cocoa powder and sugar. The final result will be more or less similar. The cake can be freeze for 3 days under -5 degrees Celsius. Just take out and warm it up when you want to eat it. However, if you have the leftover mug cake more than 12 hours, you better throw it in the dustbin.
What goes well with the cake? There are vanilla ice creams, fresh berries, or puddings. Since the cake is very thick of chocolate flavor, don’t take the similar flavored drinks. Choose mineral water or other fresh beverages, such as sparkling water. Enough with the recipe, you better get ready with your apron and make your own chocolate mug cake.