Italian Cream Cake is wonderfully delicious, its soft and creamy texture what makes us love it. Although it is so popular and many people love it, making one is by no means easy. Don’t worry, through this simple recipe you will learn how to make one at home.
In this recipe, I am going to be straightforward, so it will be easy for first-timer to understand. You will be able to make incredibly delicious Italian Cream Cake at home for birthday party or other special occasions. Save yourself the adversity of browsing cake recipe, because this recipe is all that you need. Moreover, making a homemade cake is cheaper than buying one, so let’s learn to make one!
How to make a homemade Italian cream cake
I have to admit that making an Italian Cream Cake is not easy. However, this recipe is simple and quite easy to follow. The first thing that you need to know is to prepare an oven, bowl, and cake pans. Start by preheating the oven and dissolve the baking soda in the buttermilk in a small bowl. Then, mix and stir all the ingredients in a large bowl. Pour it into the cake pans and bake it for 35 minutes. Don’t forget to allow it to cool. Finally, make your cooling and it is done. It is so simple and easy. Follow these detailed instructions below and you will be able to make one tasty cake.
What are the ingredients for Italian cream cake?
The ingredients that you need to make an Italian Cream Cake may differ from one to other recipes. This recipe is not too crazy or complicated. Those that are new to cake baking will find this recipe easy and straightforward. Below are the ingredients:
- Cake: buttermilk, baking soda, butter, shortening, white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and flour.
- Filling: cream cheese, light cream
- Cooling: Butter, vanilla extract, confectioners’ sugar, walnuts, and flaked coconuts.
Step-by-step assembly overview for Italian cream cake:
- Bake for 35 minutes and let the cake layers perfectly cold.
- Prepare a large bowl and an electric mixer. Stir together vanilla, cream cheese, butter and ¼ box of powdered sugar
- Mix it all on high until it is smooth and add more powdered sugar. Repeat this process until the cooling becomes completely smooth.
- Frost the cooled cake and add walnuts and sweetened flaked coconut as toppings.
- It is ready to be served and keep any leftovers inside a fridge.
Check the recipe below.
Italian Cream Cake
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened flake coconut
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of light cream
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- First, you have to preheat oven to 340 F degrees.
- After that, grease the round cake pans.
- Prepare a large bowl and then dissolve the baking soda with buttermilk.
- One by one, add egg yolks into the mixture inside the bowl. Mix it all with a mixer after putting each egg until it all blended into a new mixture.
- Mix baking soda, vanilla extract, and buttermilk into a small bowl.
- Make a mixture of ¼ of one by one, and ½ a cup of flour.
- Do this continuously until all the buttermilk and flour are blended. Mix it all well with any kind of mixer each time you add an ingredient.
- Stir the sweetened flaked coconut, beaten egg whites, and chopped walnuts gently, until it all perfectly blended. Prepare a baking dish and pour the batter into it.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- After it is baked, let it cool completely.
- Prepare a large bowl. Then, add cream cheese, vanilla extract, butter, and ¼ cups of confectioners’ sugar.
- Stir the mixture with an electric mixer until it all smoothly blended.
- Add more sugar and continue this process until it all becomes smooth.
- Smear the mixture on the top as well as the sides of cooled cake.
- Add more walnuts on top of the cake for topping.
- Your homemade Italian Cream Cake is ready to serve.
Per Serving: 775 calories; 40 g fat; 97 g carbohydrates; 8.5 protein; 140 mg cholesterol; 397 mg sodium.