Let’s talk about the simple vegan banana bread! Well, banana bread is a staple food for many people and also a welcome treat at tea time. For vegans, banana bread is usually absent, until now. While most banana bread recipes contain milk and eggs, this variety of vegan banana bread does not use both, but it is still moist and delicious. Well, before explaining the recipe, it is good for you to know the general view of vegan bread and the tips of making vegan bread.
The general view of simple vegan banana bread
The definition of vegan bread or cake can be said as cakes that do not use ingredients made from animal ingredients. That is, the cake does not use eggs, milk, and other animal ingredients. Actually, there is no need for complicated and special tricks to prepare vegan cake, because you can still make delicious cakes with vegan ingredients.
Basically, Vegan bakery is one of the innovations from a bakery that responds to market demand for a cake or cake for those who do not consume processed meat products. This challenge was initially difficult and impossible, but with the development of technology and science, many cookie recipes containing vegan ingredients began.
Tips before working to make a vegan banana bread
The idea of creating a Vegan Bakery might look confusing, how could it be possible to create a cake that doesn’t use animal ingredients at all? But in fact, the bakers still managed to create a variant of vegan bakery and the taste was also delicious.
Get to know egg substitutes
In fact, there are many other vegan foods that can be used to replace the nature of eggs in cake and have the same good ability. In making vegan bakery, egg replacement depends on the type of cake made, but in general, the ingredients that can be used such as applesauce, soy yogurt, and even cornstarch are often used as the first choice of egg substitutes.
Replacing milk with non-dairy milk
It feels like it’s not too difficult to replace milk because there are already so many types of non-dairy milk available. Unsweetened soy milk is one option that is often used by bakers.
In addition to soy milk, several other substitute options can use rice milk, almond milk, or some use coconut milk. The use of this material once again depends on the type of cake to be made. Like if you want to make a chocolate cake, it is recommended to use soy milk or hazelnut milk.
Calm down, the vegan cake can still have a sweet taste without worrying about excess sugar and calories. To replace honey, you can use maple syrup, agave syrup, or other natural sweetener syrup.
To make cookies, date syrup can be an option because of its unique aroma and sweet taste of course. Rice syrup can also be used because it is considered most similar to honey.
What about flour of simple vegan banana bread?
Flour can be used for all types of vegan cakes. Yes, the flour itself is made from refined wheat seeds. Most and almost all flour is made from vegetable ingredients. Various variations are also made from vegetable ingredients such as cornstarch from corn, cassava flour from cassava tubers, hunks flour from green bean starch and many more.
Simple Vegan Banana Bread
- The flour: 2 cups
- White sugar: 3/4 cup (I prefer unrefined cane sugar)
- Packed sugar of old brown: 1/2 cup
- The baking soda: 3/4 teaspoon
- The cinnamon: 3/4 teaspoon
- The salt: 3/4 teaspoon
- Milk of almond or plain soy: 1/2 cup
- Vinegar of apple cider: 1 teaspoon
- The mashed banana: 2 cups, they are from 4 very mature large bananas
- The oil of canola: 1/4 cup
- The syrup of maple: 2 tablespoons
- The extract of vanilla: 1 teaspoon
- walnut (optional)
- Preheat for about 350 F the oven. Light oil with pan 9 "x 5" and separate it out.
- By using a mixing bowl with medium size, you should strain flour, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- By using a bowl with large size, shake with milk of soy and vinegar of cider. Then, leave for 1 to 2 minutes. Next, you can add mashed bananas, syrup of maple, oil of canola, and extract of vanilla. Beat until well blended. Into the ingredients, you should pour all dry ingredients, mix until it's only combined (don't over mix!).
- Fold it in walnut if you use it and pour the mixture into the bread pan that has been prepared. The time needed to bake is an hour. Or, it can be signed when you see the toothpick in the center clean. Let the bread for 20 minutes to be cool before serving. Serve it warm is a good idea or you can use room temperature to enjoy it.
Well, it is the most perfect recipe of simple vegan banana bread. It is perfectly sweet, the inside is very moist, and the outside is very crispy. The best one is that its flavor is full. It is palatable for both dessert and breakfast.
The nutrition facts
Below are the nutritions included in the vegan banana bread:
The calories are for about 204, the sugar is for about 13.2 g, the carbohydrates are for about 31.7 g, the the fat is for about 8 g, sodium is for about 159 mg, the saturated fat is for about 7 g, the fiber is for about 3.7 g, and the protein is for about 3.7 g