Making your own cake at home is the wish of all mothers. There are many types of cakes that can be selected, ranging from wet cakes to dry cakes. This time, I will make and demonstrate to you, one recipe that is loved by all circles, namely red velvet cheesecake. Red velvet cake is one of the most popular cakes that has a beautiful and delicious appearance. The taste is super moist, delicious with a layer of cream cheese inside makes the red velvet cake more solid. The hallmark of the soft red velvet cake is having a beautiful striking red color. The original red color red velvet cake usually uses natural coloring from beets.
How to make it very easy, just 60 minutes from preparing the ingredients and making them. But if you don’t have natural beetroot coloring, of course you need a little time to make it manually. You only need to peel the beets to be used, then wash thoroughly, then boil until cooked and blend until smooth. After that the beetroot is ready to be mixed into the cake mixture until it creates a bright red color as you wish.
But if you want something more practical, like I said above, you only need to use red food coloring which is usually used to make various cakes/cakes/sponge only. Choose red food coloring which is guaranteed to be of good quality. This will make it easier for you when making the soft red velvet cheesecake. For the taste of red velvet cake between those who use beets or food coloring, the taste remains equally good and kicks the tongue.
What I Love Most About This Recipe
- Make it is easy, even though for beginners.
- We can choose to adjust to taste and cooking tools, steamed or baked
- Soft cakes and preferred by many people, children to adults
Note: for the filling, you can replace it according to your taste, such as with jam, chocolate sauce, cheese, or cream cheese.
What Are The Ingredients For Red Velvet Cheesecake?
How to make red velvet cake is of course very easy and not difficult even for beginners though. You can make it with steamed or baked versions. Well, on this occasion I will share the recipe for red velvet cheesecake with a non-failure which is processed by oven or baked. Why is it called anti-fail? Indeed, how to make a red velvet anti-fail cake that we share is very easy to practice and of course anti-failure if you follow the steps that I demonstrated to you.
Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Low protein flour 200 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate powder 65 grams
- 200 grams of sugar
- Unsalted butter 113 grams (cut into small cubes and allowed to stand at room temperature)
- Egg 3 eggs
- Vanilla essence oil / pure vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon
- 40 milliliters of buttermilk (can also be mixed with fresh milk with 1-2 feelings of lime/lemon/vinegar. Stir, then let stand for 10 minutes before use)
- Liquid red food coloring 2 tablespoons (or can be adjusted according to taste)
- Distilled Vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
Red Velvet Cheesecake Frosting Ingredients:
- 250 grams of cheese cream (let stand at room temperature to soften)
- 100 grams unsalted butter (cut into small cubes and let stand at room temperature)
- 150 grams of refined sugar (if using refined sugar first use a blender)
- 100 grams thick cream (choose non-dairy cream)
- The initial step, mix flour, cocoa powder and salt in one container.
- After that, prepare a baking sheet, spread with butter and sprinkle with flour, coat the bottom with parchment paper and spread with butter again if you use plain parchment paper. use a round pan with a diameter of 20 centimeters and a height of 5 centimeters.
- Next, heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Then using a mixer, shake the butter until soft and creamy for about 2-3 minutes. then at low speed, add small amounts of refined sugar. shake until the dough is light, fluffy and slightly pale in color. approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Enter the eggs one by one, how to enter one egg, beat first until well blended and then enter the next egg. continue until the eggs were run out.
- Enter the vanilla, stir well. do not forget to stir using a spatula so that the mixture is evenly mixed.
- Mix the red coloring into a glass buttermilk container, stir well.
- Using low speed, add flour alternately with buttermilk (which has been mixed with coloring). in the order of flour-buttermilk-flour-buttermilk-flour. if it is evenly mixed, turn off the mixer.
- In a small container mix baking soda with distilled vinegar. leave it foamy because of the mixture, put it in the mixture immediately. stir well. Mix baking soda and vinegar to form a special fiber on the red velvet.
- After mixing thoroughly, place it in a baking dish and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 to 50 minutes or until the puncture test has no dough attached.
- After cooking, remove from the oven and let stand in the pan for approximately 5-10 minutes. remove it from the baking dish and chill it in a wire rack. if it's cold, put it in the refrigerator. This red velvet cake is very fragile, so if we split it in a warm condition, the result will be chaotic. Let stand in the refrigerator for about 1-3 hours.
How to make Red Velvet Frosting Cheesecake:
- The first step is to beat cream cheese until smooth, then add butter, whip cream and refined sugar. continue to whisk until mixture thickens and is ready to use.
- Frosting cake is ready to use directly or let stand in the refrigerator first.
Calories: 630kcal | Total Fat 43g : 66% | Saturated Fat 19g : 95% | Cholesterol 105mg : 35% | Sodium 400mg : 17% | Total Carbohydrate 57g : 19% | Dietary Fiber 1g : 4& | Sugars 43g | Protein 5g | Calcium 60mg : 6% | Iron 1mg : 6% | Vitamin A 750IU