Fans of Italian dishes must be familiar with Rice a Roni products. Did you know that you can make pilaf as good as this Italian box rice product at home? Let’s try it by following the recipe below.
- 1/2 tbsp cumin white
- 1 large red chili
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 garlic bulb (wash, do not peel, cut slightly)
- 4 carrots (clean, cut thinly lengthwise)
- 1 tsp Nutmeg powder (can be skipped)
- 8 liters of water (ratio of rice & water 1: 2)
- 3 onions (sliced in a half circle)
- 100 gr raisins (optional)
- 200 ml of cooking oil
- 500 gr meat (beef or mutton, cut to taste)
- 900 gr rice (wash it, remove the water)
- Prepare all ingredients. For garlic, use one bulb intact, no need to peel it or separate it. Cut a little of the bottom. Carrots are very important in adding taste and color.
- Wash the rice of Rice a Roni thoroughly, remove the water. Set aside for a while.
- In the early stages of cooking, especially when cooking meat and other ingredients before adding rice, the heat used must be high enough. Only after the rice is added then it has to be lowered.
- Heat cooking oil, add the meat. Season with 1 tbsp salt, 1 tsp nutmeg powder & 1 tsp pepper. Sauté until the meat turns brown.
- Add the onion. Stir well and cook until the onions are slightly browned for about 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, stir fry for 5 minutes. Stir well. Add 1 tsp of white cumin. Add 2 tbsp of salt. Stir well. Pour 1.8 liters of water and add garlic plus chili.
- After everything is mixed and the color of the water has turned orange from the carrot, reduce the heat, take the garlic. Set it aside. Pour rice evenly on the surface. Let it remain on the surface.
- After a few minutes stir the rice just on the surface, do not get down to the meat and carrots. Just stir to make sure all parts of the Rice a Roni are alternately exposed to the boiled water below. After about 10 minutes put the garlic in the middle again. Set the rice cones upwards, sprinkle raisins around it and make a few holes down at some point. (Raisins are not compulsory so you can skip it).
- Then, cover the pilaf and wait for 20-30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and there is no more water left. After the rice is cooked, the rice can be stirred all evenly. Your pilaf is ready to serve.
This Italian pilaf can be enjoyed as a delicious breakfast or lunch. Besides being delicious, this menu is also healthy because it is equipped with various kinds of meat and vegetables. The high composition of rice also provides carbohydrates which are high energy supplies throughout the day. One sure thing is, this will be a good choice of Rice a Roni.