Stuffed peppers recipe is not hard to make. It can be a delicious choice for your dinner. It goes well to be served with rice. On the other hand, you can make it with no rice as well for a keto friendly stuffed pepper. Below is the recipe on how to make it.
- 3 bell peppers, choose the medium size
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, mince it
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, crushed (you can have tomato sauce as the substitution)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp pepper, separated
- ½ yellow onion, choose the medium size, diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt, separated
- Fresh herb or scallions, sliced thinly (optional, just for the garnish)
- The first to do in this stuffed peppers recipe is preheating the oven. 350 degree is enough. Then get a baking dish and spray it by using cooking spray.
- Get ready to do the peppers. Cut the bell pepper by using a sharp knife. Stem it in half. Remove its rib and the seed as well.
- Have some pepper and salt as the seasoning for the inside of the bell pepper. Arrange the peppers in the prepared baking dish. Just make it in one layer. Set this aside.
- Now, it is time to make and cook the filling of this stuffed peppers recipe. Begin the steps by heating olive oil. Use a large frying pan and set the heat on medium.
- Add the ground beef in the pan and use the pepper and salt as the seasoning. Cook it and stir it occasionally. Make sure that the beef gets browned evenly.
- Next, add the zucchini, onions, oregano, and garlic. Continue cooking until it gets soft texture. Then add the tomatoes or the sauce.
- Give it a taste. If you feel that it needs to have stronger flavor, have more pepper and salt on it. When the taste already meets your preference, remove the pan from the heat.
- After that, stuff the bell pepper by using the filling you have made. Divide the filing first to make sure that each bell pepper will have the same amount of filling.
- Pour water (1/2 cup is enough) between the peppers into your dish for baking. Then cover them with foil.
- Now bake for about 4 5minutes. Make sure that the bell peppers get tender with heated filling. Get rid of the foil and use the shredded cheese for the sprinkle.
- Get the bell pepper into the oven again. Bake it for some minutes until the cheese melt. (5 minutes is enough).
- Get it out from the oven and use scallions or herb (or both) for the garnish.
- Finally, delicious stuffed pepper is ready to be enjoyed.
If you can eat it all, just save it in tight container and keep it in refrigerator. The leftover of this stuffed peppers recipe can be kept for 4 days.