A simple homemade spaghetti sauce recipe is perfect for you who are looking for a different taste of those store bought sauce. Even if you are still a beginner in cooking, you do not need to worry much. This spaghetti sauce is very easy to make. It just needs 10 minutes of preparation and around 30 minutes to cook. Here are the ingredients lists along with the steps.
- 1 pound beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- ¼ basil leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes, dried
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes, crushed, to taste
- Ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- To begin making this spaghetti sauce recipe, first you need to prepare a large skillet. Heat some oil and add the chopped onion followed by the beef. Cook them until the beef turns brown. Drain the excess of the grease.
- After that, add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, Worcestershire, and sugar. Cook and stir them well in the skillet. Boil and add some water to make sure that it is not getting any parts overcooked.
- When it has boiled, you can reduce the heat. Let this sauce to simmer around 30 minutes.
- While waiting for the time, you can chop some basil if you want to use it for the dressing.
- Finally, take the sauce and pour it into the serving plate. For more, you can also pour it on top of your prepared spaghetti.
Spaghetti is not the only fit dish for this spaghetti sauce recipe. With its delicious sweet and a little bit spicy taste, this sauce can be a great companion for other dishes as well. If you are interested to cook spaghetti pie, slow cooker lasagna, million dollar spaghetti, or instant pot spaghetti, you can use this sauce recipe as well.
If you could not take this sauce all at one serving, you can save it and use it for later. After cooking it, let the sauce cool completely. Then pour it into a freezer bag. It is better to give it a label so that you will not forget of what kind of sauce you are keeping. Place it in flat shape inside the freezer. It will ease the cooling process and give you another ease for storing.
This sauce can last 4 up to 6 month in the freezer. If you choose to keep in the fridge only, this sauce can last for 3 up to 4 days. When you want to reuse it again, make sure to let it cool to room temperature. After that, take a pan then reheat it until this sauce is warm. Do not worry about the taste. This spaghetti sauce recipe will still have its delicious taste and still fine for dishes companion you make.