If you want to turn your sweet potatoes to be delicious dish, have the following sweet potato recipes. The basic method used in this recipe is roasting. It will make the sweet potatoes have soft texture inside with crispy and caramelized texture on the outside. With the perfect blend of the seasoning, you will be able to serve delicious sweet potatoes on the table. Here is the simple recipe to follow.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled then cut to small pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- To make the sweet potato recipes, the first thing to do is preheating the oven. Just set it to the 425 degrees (Fahrenheit).
- While waiting for that, peel the sweet potatoes and cut it to small pieces. Put it to the prepared sheet pan.
- After that, add the salt, olive oil, pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder over the top. Toss the sweet potatoes to coat. Spread it with even layer. Make sure that there are no overlapping potatoes if you do not want to have only steamed potatoes, and not the roasted one.
- Do not let the potatoes cooked with no attention. Flip it each 10 up to 15 minutes and cook it for about 30 up to 35 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are well cooked. You can take it out from the oven.
- Finally, have the sweet potatoes in a serving plate and it is ready to be served.
If you are a type of person who does not really like the potatoes with many seasonings, you can opt for the plain roasted sweet potato. The ingredients you need are only 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled then cut to small pieces, 2 tbsp melted coconut oil, 1 tbsp light brown sugar, and ¾ tsp salt. The steps are just the same.
Some people may also prefer spicy taste than any other flavor. It is possible to have these sweet potato recipes in hot and spicy taste as well. Just use ½ cayenne peppers and taste the difference. For a smokey flavor, you can have smoked paprika or chipotle chili powder.
Here are some useful tips to make your cooking even more delicious. It is important to choose the right sweet potatoes. For a hint, skip the purple or tan sweet potatoes. They are included in the dry varieties. Opt for the red or orange sweet potatoes. Both of them are moist varieties and taste sweet with creamy texture.
For the cutting tips, make sure that you do not make it too big or thick. Those pieces will need more time to bake. Meanwhile, too thin pieces may leave you with crisp only and you will not be able to fully taste the creamy and soft texture. Therefore, the suggested size for these sweet potato recipes is ½ inch.