A delicious and foolproof vanilla cupcake recipe is all you need to be the star of any baking event. Despite its simplicity, it is a very tasty cupcake loved by so many people. Moreover, once you have successfully a delicious and decadent vanilla flavored cupcake; there are different varieties that you can make starting with such simple recipe. Here is how you can make this special cupcake.
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- A cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream, it is recommended to use the full fat one in order to achieve silkier texture
- 2 large size eggs, free range eggs are recommended
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder for leavener
- 2 teaspoons good quality vanilla extract or vanilla paste. High quality vanilla is very important in this vanilla cupcake recipe.
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 cups powdered or confectioners’ sugar
- A cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons high quality vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- Sprinkle of salt to cut down the sweetness
- Preheat the oven at 350°F (equal to 177°C).
- Prepare muffins tin by lining it with cupcake papers for about 14 medium size servings. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the dry ingredients for cupcake batter: all-purpose flour, baking powder, and Kosher salt.
- Prepare a separate mixing bowl then start beating soft butter and white granulated sugar together until the mixture reaches a light and fluffy texture.
- Add eggs to the wet mixture one at a time.
- Beat the sour cream and vanilla extract or paste into the mixture as well until all ingredients have fully incorporated.
- Pour in the dry ingredients into this wet mixture little by little until there is no flour left. Be careful not to mix the batter for too long since that will make the cupcake’s texture tough once done.
- Scoop the batter into prepared muffin tin until each cup is a bit more than halfway filled.
- Bake the cupcakes inside preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes. When you insert a kitchen thermometer or toothpick into the centerpiece, it should come out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven then let them cool for few minutes inside the tin. Transfer the cupcakes from their tin.
- Beat the room temperature butter with mixer for several minutes until it turns fluffy.
- Slowly add the confectioner sugar and a sprinkle of salt into the beaten butter then add vanilla extract paste.
- Continue beating the frosting for several more minutes until the texture turns light and airy.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, top them with frosting as your heart wishes.
The process of whipping up this vanilla cupcake recipe from start to finish only takes about 45 minutes. This recipe can be doubled or tripled easily to yield more than 14 cupcakes. You can also use similar measurements to bake smaller size cupcakes although you need to alter the baking time.
This recipe is like a perfect blank (but super tasty) canvas for your creativity. You can add other ingredients into the cupcake batter to enhance its flavor, such as raisins and chocolate chips. You vanilla butter frosting is too plain? Add some sprinkles on it. With this vanilla cupcake recipe the options are endless.