Are you looking for the best banana nut bread recipe? This kind of bread is now really in trend. People love banana bread because it is well-known for the delicious flavor as well as healthy nutrition packed in it. That’s why people love it more when they start baking banana bread mixed with nuts.
The nuts add more crunches and texture to the banana bread as well as making the moist bread tastes even better. For you who want to make homemade banana nut bread, follow the best banana nut bread recipe down below. The recipe surely will guide you to make the best and healthiest bread.
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 vanilla bean, scrapped in inside
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup mixed-nut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a loaf pan; grease the pan with melted butter. You can also grease the loaf pan with non-stick spray. Set it aside.
- Grab a big bowl. Into the bowl, mix together mashed banana and melted butter. Use a balloon whisker to combine those two ingredients until smooth and silky.
- After the mixture is smooth (no lumps visible), add in the sugar, beaten eggs, vanilla bean paste, baking soda, all-purpose flour, and salt. Mix them all together until the batter is completely smooth.
- Next, add in the mixed-nut. Stir the batter once again to incorporate the nuts into the batter evenly. In this best banana nut bread recipe, the mixed nut can be substituted with anything, even with dried fruits or chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan you have prepared earlier.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- After the baking time is done, use a toothpick to poke the middle of the bread. If there is no batter sticking on the toothpick (it comes clean), it means the bread is done.
- Take the bread out of the oven and cool it completely on the cooling rack.
- Slice the bread and serve.
The bread can be served with many things, including chocolate hazelnut spread, cream cheese, sprinkles, jam, and many more. However, it is also very delicious and sweet already to be consumed as it is. It has sweet flavor with a hint of banana taste in it. The crunch from the nuts also gives more texture.
In addition, this recipe should be easy to modify. If you do not eat nuts because you are allergic or simply do not like them, replace the nuts with any kinds of things you like. You do not have to use mixed nuts as well since you can use the sliced almond, pistachio, or walnut only in the best banana nut bread recipe.