The best beef brisket recipe should be understood by everyone. Brisket is the perfect part of a cow to make roast. Brisket is juicy and tender when it is cooked properly. Traditionally, brisket is sliced and served with potato, side dish, and gravy.
If you are looking forward to make a roast beef made out of brisket, follow this recipe. Well, it is the perfect one to give you an outstanding result of juicy and delicious beef brisket ever. Without further ado, here is the best beef brisket recipe.
- 1 beef brisket (approximately 2 1/2 to 3 pounds), fat trimmed
- 1 medium-sized white onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pack dry meat seasoning
- 1 can beer
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Start making the best beef brisket recipe by preparing a large baking dish safe for oven. It is most recommended to use glass baking dish. Place the brisket in a glass baking dish. Rub both sides of the brisket with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and dry meat seasoning. Let it sit for at least 1 hour. If you have time, let the seasoning penetrate into the meat overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit or to 165 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Grab the baking dish with the brisket in it, cover the brisket with thinly sliced onion. Set it aside.
- Prepare a mixing bowl, into the bowl, mix together the light brown sugar, chili sauce, tomato sauce, minced garlic, and beer. Use a balloon whisker to mix those ingredients together.
- Pour the liquid over the brisket and onion. Then, use a sheet of aluminum foil to cover the baking dish tightly.
- Put the covered baking dish into the previously preheated oven for 3 hours straight. After 3 hours, take out the dish and remove the aluminum foil. Put the uncovered baking dish back into the oven and bake it again for 30-45 minutes until the top is slightly crusty.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven. Let the brisket rest for 30 minutes.
- Slice the brisket and serve. The remaining juice from the brisket can be reheated and mixed with cream or roux to create thick gravy.
The beef brisket from this recipe is surely capable to be served in many ways. It can be sliced then served with side dishes or just shredded and stuffed into two slices of bread. The brisket can also be diced and mixed into pasta sauce or into a pot of hot chowder.
Well, the recipe is very beneficial to make, right? This is the reason why everyone should really know how to make the beef brisket. Using the best beef brisket recipe above, you will have a delicious roast on your table. It will be perfect for lunch, dinner, or even breakfast.