The best cinnamon roll recipe is what everyone needs in their book. It is considered an American classic dessert. The flavorful spiced pastry is combined with drizzles of gooey frosting. What is not to love about this roll? There are varied kinds of cinnamon rolls over the years. This version that you are going to learn can be considered the best one yet.
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour or equals to 345 grams
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water, warm to the touch
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- A large egg
- 2¼ teaspoons dry active yeast which is equals to a package
- A teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, you can replace it with white granulated sugar in this best cinnamon roll recipe
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, soften at room temperature
- A tablespoon ground cinnamon
- A cup of icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- Mix flour, yeast, sugar, and salt inside a large bowl. Be careful not to place salt and yeast directly on top of each other because that can deactivate the yeast. Combine them thoroughly.
- Mix water, melted butter, and milk. Warm the mixture a little bit (when you place your finger in it, you should not feel the liquid around your finger which means that it is in blood temperature).
- Pour the wet ingredients to flour mixture then mix gently.
- After that, move the dough to floured countertop. Knead it for about three minutes before leaving it to rest in a greased bowl for 10 minutes.
- Once the yeast has worked its magic, roll the dough into rectangular shape in size of 8 by 14 inches.
- Spread butter on top of the dough evenly.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar inside a bowl then scatter this mixture all over the dough but leaving a tiny fraction uncovered for easier dough work.
- Roll the dough gently until forming tight roll but not too tight. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Place inside greased baking dish then cover with clean kitchen towel. Let the dough rise for an hour and half in a warm environment without draft.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F or equals to 191°C.
- Bake cinnamon rolls for 25 minutes until the color turns light brown. Take it out from the oven then let it sit on the counter.
- In a bowl, mix icing sugar, vanilla extract, and whole milk until it is free of lumps.
- Spread the icing over warm cinnamon rolls.
This best cinnamon roll recipe can serve up to 12 people, depending on how many rolls you can eat in one sitting. The preparation time takes a little more than two hours. The process is quite elaborate but you will be rewarded with delicious warm rolls after that. In order to make sure that this dessert will turn out alright, use yeast that is not passing it expiry date.
You can store these rolls inside the fridge for about five days but separating the frosting and the bread. Getting creative with the icing flavor is encouraged. Some people add cream cheese to the icing. Test this best cinnamon roll recipe at home for your family!