Do you want to get a best jambalaya recipe? Here is for you then. Jambalaya is one-pot dish that is known to be very delicious. In order to try this recipe, let’s take a look at it below.
- 1 pound or 500 grams of boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound or 500 grams of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces or 300 grams of andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning,(adjust to suit your liking)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 14 ounces or 400 grams can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 stalks/ribs celery, chopped
- ½ tsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of okra, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups of uncooked white rice (short grain or long grain)
- 1 tsp each dried thyme and also dried oregano
- Sliced green onions, to garnish
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- Are you ready to make this best jambalaya recipe? Here you go. First thing to do is to prepare a Dutch oven or large pot. Over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp oil in that pot or oven.
- While you are waiting for it, season the chicken pieces and sausage using Cajun seasoning. Do it thoroughly.
- Cook the sausage first. Add it into the oven or pot, and wait until it gets browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove the sausage, and set it aside to be used later.
- Now add the remaining oil, sauté the chicken and wait until it gets lightly browned. Again, remove it and set aside.
- Let’s sauté the celery, bell pepper, and onion until transparent and soft. Then, add garlic and cook it. Wait until fragrant. It may only need 30 seconds.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes. Other ingredients to add are red pepper flakes/cayenne powder, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, Cajun seasonings, hot pepper sauce, and Worcestershire.
- After that, add chicken, sausage, and okra slices. Cook them for about 5 minutes.
- For this best jambalaya recipe, get the rice and also chicken broth. Bring it to boil and reduce the heat. Cover it and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Now place the shrimp on the jambalaya mixture. Stir them gently and cover lid.
- Next, don’t forget to stir occasionally and allow it to simmer. It may need 5-6 minutes.
- You can add salt and pepper to taste. Adjust it with your liking. Extra hot sauce can be adjusted along with the Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper.
- Your jambalaya is ready. Serve it with parsley, and green onions.
Although the recipe may vary from one kitchen to another, it is adjustable indeed. This has been passed through years from the older generations. Good luck on trying this best jambalaya recipe.