Are you curious to know what the best tuna salad recipe in the world is? Well, tuna never disappoints the tongue. No matter what kind of food it is, when tuna is used as the ingredients, it can give a true satisfaction for people who loved its taste. From any kinds of cooking by using tuna, this salad is the easiest to make. Nevertheless, the result is satisfying and can be whipped up from any ingredients. Now, let’s get started to reveal the secret recipe of perfect tuna salad.
- 4 cans tuna, drained
- 12 slices Sandwich bread
- 1 clove garlic
- Ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- The first step in this best tuna salad recipe in the world is to take the can of tuna and drain the brine. The simple way can be just removing the lid and hold it, pour the brine to drain. Take a medium bowl and mix the tuna, lemon juice, mayonnaise, garlic, celery, onion, and relish. For more delicious flavor, you can add pepper and salt. For a simple serving, you can simply put it on bread and enjoy it.
- If you want another taste, then you can try to melt the tuna. First, heat a skillet at medium heat. On the other hand, prepare two slices of bread and spread butter on its sides. For a suggestion, you can try the white or wheat bread, specifically the one that has much surface area, as it will ease you in toasting them.
- Lay one piece of the bread in your skillet then top it with the tuna fish salad (what you just made in the first step). Then, top it with a piece of cheese and top it again with second piece of buttered bread
- Cook it in medium heat. Flip it carefully when the bottom bread is turning golden brown.
- Now, continue cooking until the second side gets brown color as well.
- Finally, melting tuna salad is ready to be served.
For the tips in this recipe, you need to choose wisely between tuna in water vs. tuna in oil. First, the tuna packed in oil will be perfect for foods, such as Nicoise salads. You just need to squeeze some lemon then the tuna will turn out great and delicious. However, this best tuna salad recipe in the world needs you to give some mayonnaise. As the result, tuna in oil will not be a good choice to take.
However, if you only have tuna packed in oil, you can use it in certain condition. First, rinse it with cold water. Second, press it with spatula to get the liquid out from the fish. Only by doing this way, the tuna packed in oil will be suitable for the best tuna salad recipe in the world.