The best turkey brine recipe ever is often sought when Thanksgiving is approaching. It is mandatory to roast a turkey on holiday. To make a great turkey roast, a brine is just needed there. Brine is like a salted liquid to season and tenderize the turkey before it is being roasted. Traditionally, the brine is just water and some herbs. However, you can modify the liquid to infuse more delicious flavor to the turkey.
If you plan to have an unforgettable turkey roast on holiday, make sure you soak it in this brine. The best turkey brine recipe ever below uses a lot of ingredients to make sure that the meat is going to have delicious flavor. The ingredients are including citrus peels and sage. Here is the full recipe for you.
- 4 quarts water
- 3 medium-sized oranges
- 4 medium-sized lemons
- 1 tablespoons fresh, whole peppercorns
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- A handful of sage leaves
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the oranges and lemons. Be careful not to accidently peel the white part (pith) because they are extremely bitter. After all lemons and oranges are peeled, remove the remaining fruits and transfer the peels on a bowl. Set the orange peels and lemon peels aside.
- On a chopping board, roughly chop the sage leaves. Set it aside.
- The next step on the best turkey brine recipe ever is to prepare a large stock pot. Into the pot, pour 4 quarts of water. Put the stock pot on the stovetop. Turn on the pot on medium high heat and wait until the water is boiling.
- Into the boiling water, add in salt and sugar. Mix together until the salt and sugar are all dissolved.
- After the sugar and salt dissolves, add the rest of ingredients: lemon peels, orange -peels, whole peppercorns, minced garlic, chopped age leaves, and bay leaves.
- Cook the mixture for 10 minutes. After that, remove from the heat and let the mixture cools completely on room temperature.
- The brine is ready to use. Pour the brine on a bowl with turkey in it. Leave it overnight before roasting the turkey.
The brine can be used immediately or you can also keep it in the fridge up to 3 days. The more the brine sits in fridge, the more intense the flavor will be. To get the best turkey recipe, keep the brine and turn it into gravy. It will add more flavors to the whole turkey roast dish.
In addition, the brine recipe above can be used as well to cook many other types of meat, including chicken, beef, pork, and fish. All you need to do is just make sure the flavor profile of the brine is suitable with the flavor for meat you are looking for. Well, this best turkey brine recipe ever is just delicious and easy.