The best banana pudding recipe is great for dessert lovers. Banana pudding is creamy and soft. It is served cold and very delicious indeed to end a series of meal. That’s why people love eating this delicate dessert. If you have the plan to host a dinner party, a fancy dessert like banana pudding served in pretty glass is surely a great choice to impress the guests.
Even though the dish seems fancy and elaborate, it does not mean that making the pudding will be such a difficult task. Actually, it does not take a long time to make, and it is surely very easy to whip it up in the kitchen. Here is the best banana pudding recipe you can make.
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scrap the inside
- 3 eggs, cracked and remove the whites
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups evaporated milks
- 1 cup cold whipping cream
- 1 pack vanilla wafer
- In a large bowl, pour cold whipping cream. Using a mixer, whip the cream until it forms stiff peak. Set it aside in the refrigerator.
- Grab a food processor, into the food processor, add in egg yolks, bananas, granulated white sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla bean paste. Process the ingredients until everything is smooth and well-combined. If you do not have food processor, use a blender instead.
- Pour the mixture into a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place the saucepan over a stove. Cook the mixture using medium heat for 10 minutes until the mixture becomes thick. Keep stirring the mixture to avoid burning on the bottom. After the mixture is thickened, turn off the heat.
- Transfer the thicken mixture into a large bowl. Store it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to let the mixture completely chilled.
- After a couple of hour, take out the pudding mixture and the whipped cream from the fridge. To serve the pudding, grab a serving glass. Scoop 2 spoonful pudding mixture followed by a layer of vanilla wafer and then 1 spoonful of whipped cream. Repeat until the glass is full.
- Place the pudding into the refrigerator for 4 hours to set. The best banana pudding recipe above is even better when the pudding is refrigerated overnight before serving.
Well, the recipe is very easy indeed. You can also be creative and replace the ingredients for layering according to your preference. The whipped cream can be substituted with anything you like, including softened cream cheese or even chocolate mousse. If you do not like cream on the dessert, simply leave it out.
Moreover, the wafer can also be replaced by ladyfingers or graham crackers. If you do not like crunchy texture on dessert, simply replace the wafer with something soft and moist, like sponge cake. It is all up to you to adjust the best banana pudding recipe above to match your personal taste.