To get a tasty apple pie, you need the best apple pie recipe. If you are looking for one, you’ve come to the right place. Flaky pie crust and apples are great to combine. As this dessert has been around for many years, it is still favorite dessert for many people. What is better is when you add ice cream on top of the apple pie once it is ready to serve. It is very yummy, right? Now, let’s make a homemade apple pie by following this recipe.
- 400 gram Plain flour
- 250 gram Cold butter
- 2 beaten free-range eggs, to glaze
- 2 tablespoon Caster sugar
- 1 lemon (use the zest only)
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Corn flour
- 5 oz Golden caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon Golden caster sugar, for sprinkling
- 600 gram Bramley cooking apples, (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- Let’s make the pastry first to begin this best apple pie recipe. Get a bowl and combine lemon zest, flour, and sugar. Add butter and rub it with previous mixture. Continue to do so until you get breadcrumbs mixture. Again, add beaten egg. Use a round-bladed knife to combine them until it forms dough.
- Save some pastry for the lid. Just take one-third of it. The remaining pastry should be rolled out on a lightly floured surface. The thickness should reach 2-3 inch or 5-7 cm.
- Move out to the pie dish. Press it into the dish firmly and up the sides. Avoid creating any air bubbles.
- Now, preheat the oven 200 degrees Celsius. Preheat the baking tray as well inside the oven.
- Now it is time to make the filling for this best apple pie recipe. Prepare a large bowl. Moreover, add the corn flour, sugar, and cinnamon into the bowl. Mix all the ingredients very well. Again, add apples and stir it well.
- Once the filling is done, place it into the pie dish. To get a nice apple pie, the filling should be above the edge. Next, brush the dish’s rim with beaten egg.
- The reserved ball of pastry should be rolled out right now. Then, cover your pie with the pastry. To seal the edges, press it firmly. The excess pastry can be removed using a sharp knife. What to do next is to crimp the edge gently.
- On top of the pie, make several small holes. You can use the knife’s tip. At the end, glaze the top of the pie with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle some sugar and bake it for 45 to 55 minutes until it gets golden brown.
For your information, the pastry trimmings can be used again. You can knead and reroll it. Then, cut it into leaf shapes and place them all around the edge of apple pie. Overlap each other slightly. For final touch, glaze again with egg. That’s it! You have done making the pie, and hope you enjoy this best apple pie recipe.